Now Playing
On Air
No Program
Now Playing

celebrity news

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

Eddie Montgomery opens up about returning to the stage without Troy Gentry

Following Troy Gentry’s tragic death in 2017 in a helicopter accident, Montgomery Gentry’s Eddie Montgomery took the time to mourn his bandmate and friend. He didn’t rush to get the music out that they had finished just before that tragic day in September, and he certainly didn’t want to step onto that stage they both loved too quickly.

>> Read more trending news 

But eventually, he did both. He released Montgomery Gentry’s new album, “Here’s To You,” in February and, that same month, went back on a tour that will have Eddie on the road with his remaining bandmates throughout mid-September.

But take it from him – it hasn’t been easy.

“I know I’m supposed to be a big badass outlaw or whatever, but when we hit the stage a couple weeks ago without him, I was so nervous,” Eddie said in a new interview with Rolling Stone. “I was like ‘Oh my God’ – I thought I was gonna get sick. But finally I felt him in there, and I started smiling.”

Smiling, because God knows that’s how Troy would want it.

>> Related: Eddie Montgomery breaks his Twitter silence for the first time since Troy’s death

“I’m still waiting for him to chime in after me,” Eddie continued. “We had this thing where we knew each other so well. I’d be singing and I knew Troy was gonna come in at the end of the song and start talking, doing his thing, so I’d go back and get me a drink. But now I’m like, ‘Oh hell, I gotta get back up there!'”

Of course, returning to the road was far from an easy decision for Eddie.

The label was asking me and so were our friends, and the band was coming to me like, ‘What are we thinking now?'” Eddie explains. “I was like, ‘I’m not sure, guys. What do you think?’ Then we talked to [Troy’s widow] Angie, and she said, ‘You know Troy would want you to do this.’

“Most of our [band members] have been with us 20 or 25 years, so we’re family. We’ve been through some stuff – personal stuff – and we’ve always helped each other out,” he continued. “So we had a meeting on it and decided, ‘We can do this, and T would want us to do it, because it’s always been a brotherhood.'”

But what comes next? What is to become of one of the biggest and most loved country music duos of all time? When one gets this big of a reminder of how short life really is, how does it change one’s future? How will it change the future of Montgomery Gentry?

>> Related: Eddie Montgomery talks about embracing life in the wake of Troy Gentry’s passing

“I’m gonna leave that up to our friends, and we’ll know by the end of the tour this year,” Eddie says, using the name the duo has always used in place of the word “fans.” “They’ll either tell me to go home, or ‘Hey man, can we have some more music?'”

‘Fixer Upper’ stars Chip and Joanna Gaines reveal gender of new baby

Fixer Upper” stars Chip and Joanna Gaines finally know the sex of their unborn child.

It’s a boy!

>> Read more trending news 

Chip made the announcement in a video he shared on Twitter Wednesday.

“We’re just about to have another little baby, because Uncle Chip lost his mind,” Chip tells a youngster in the footage. “Now, listen to this. This is important: I can’t think of a ‘D’ name. So, can you help me think of a ‘D’ name?”

Related: Chip and Joanna Gaines: 10 things to know

Chip then tells his young companion that Joanna is pregnant with a little boy.

“Is that a secret? I don’t know. That might not even be allowed on Twitter,” the HGTV star claimed. “You better keep that to yourself, dude. But listen to me: It’s a little boy, and I need a ‘D’ name. And so far, all I can come up with is Dragon. [Joanna was] like, ‘You are not calling that baby Dragon!’ Can you help me?”

Earlier this week, Joanna showed off her biggest baby bump to date in a few pics on Instagram alongside her husband and their pal Tim Tebow.

“What an amazing (sic) weekend with the @timtebowfoundation Thank you for giving hope and love to so many #ttfgolf2018,” Gaines wrote alongside the gallery of images from the weekend.

In January, the Gaineses surprised fans when they announced they were expecting baby number five with an adorable post to social media.

“Gaines party of 7.. (If you’re still confused.. WE ARE PREGNANT) @joannagaines,” Chip Gaines wrote alongside the sweet photo of the couple in coordinating grey sweatshirts and matching bumps.

Meghan Markle attends first official event with Queen Elizabeth

Two months before she marries into the royal family, American actress Meghan Markle appeared alongside Queen Elizabeth II at an official event for the first time.

>> Read more trending news 

On Monday, Markle and Prince Harry attended the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey with the Queen, Prince William, Duchess Kate and other members of the royal family. 

Donning a cream coat, white hat and navy high heels, the actress broke protocol by attending the event prior to her nuptials. However, it’s not the first time the Queen has made an exception for her, having invited her to attend Christmas Day service and spend the holiday with the family.

“She is already effectively being treated as a full-blown member of the royal family, even if she hasn’t married Prince Harry yet,” Roya Nikkhah, royal correspondent for The Sunday Times newspaper, said.

>> Related: Prince Harry to meet Meghan Markle’s father for first time

“I think that gives you an indication of just how warmly she has been welcomed into the fold, but also effectively she is living as a member of the royal family.”

The Commonwealth Service is the largest inter-faith gathering in the United Kingdom and was also attended by Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Sophie, the Countess of Wessex and more.


This year’s theme was “Towards a Common Future,” which “emphasized how the Commonwealth can address global challenges and work to create a better future for all citizens through sub-themes of sustainability, safety, prosperity and fairness.” After the service, Markle, Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with school children.

>> Related: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle invite Sarah Ferguson to wedding, angering royals

Prince Harry and Markle are set to wed at Windsor Castle on May 19 after dating for over a year. About 1,200 members of the public will be included in the wedding as it will feature a carriage ride around town following the service to allow the pair to greet the public as a married couple for the first time.

O.J. Simpson's 'hypothetical’ confession causes social media furor

Nearly 24 years after the murder of O.J. Simpson’s ex-wife and her friend, the public continues to be alternately fascinated and revolted by the former NFL star-turned-actor’s actions on the night of June 12, 1994.

>> Read more trending news

Sunday night, Fox aired an interview that had been shelved since 2006. In the two-hour special, “O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession?” Simpson “hypothetically” walks publisher Judith Regan through the events that culminated with the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

After a contentious and controversial trial, Simpson was acquitted of both murders on Oct. 3, 1995. On Sunday, an interview was aired in which he revealed details from what he called a hypothetical scenario that he also laid out in his book “If I Did It.”

The show caused a great deal of buzz on social media as posters used the hashtag #DidOJConfess during the broadcast, Fox reported.

“The interview was a narcissist cesspool,” JRM tweeted.

“Congress should pass legislation to exclude murder and other violent crimes from our double jeopardy laws and call it ‘Nicole's Law’ after Nicole Brown Simpson,” Aaron Clark tweeted.. 

Others remained convinced of Simpson’s innocence.

“OJ Simpson was innocent… the gloves didn’t fit,” Twitter poster Don Corleone wrote.

“Can they let this man Live please!” Sluweekay wrote.

Years later, the Simpson case remains a polarizing one. The audacity of the interview, even one that is now a dozen years old, remains stunning.

Here is the verdict from the trial, read by the jury foreman on Oct. 3, 1995:

Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani shop in Greensboro before concert

Country singer Blake Shelton and his girlfriend, singer Gwen Stefani, were in North Carolina wrangling for bargains Saturday, WFMY reported.

>> Read more trending news

The couple stopped at a Wrangler Pop-Up Shop in Greensboro. Shelton was set to play a concert Saturday night at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Wrangler documented the visit on its Twitter account, tweeting that “Sherpa suits you, Gwen.”

Scott Baio's wife, Renee, says she has microvascular brain disease

Actor Scott Baio's wife, Renee, has microvascular brain disease, she tweeted Saturday.

>> Scott Baio denies sexual misconduct allegation by 'Charles in Charge' co-star Nicole Eggert

"Besides having 2 meningioma brain tumors, in Oct 2017 I also learned I have Microvascular Brain Disease," the former stuntwoman wrote in response to a question from a fan.

>> See the tweet here

Scott Baio added: "Unfortunately, this is true. Renee is forever my rock, my life & my soulmate! Toughest person I know."

>> See his tweet here

>> Read more trending news 

The condition refers to "changes to the small blood vessels in the brain" and, "if left untreated, it can contribute to mental decline, strokes, walking and balance problems, and dementia," HealthLine reports.

Read more here.

Jason Aldean's wife, Brittany, blasts 'parent shamers' after taking vacation without baby

Jason Aldean’s wife, Brittany, has had enough of keyboard critics.

While on an adults-only vacation with friends Dee Jay Silver and his wife, Jenna Perdue, some social media users slammed the Aldeans for leaving behind their 3-month-old baby boy, Memphis.

>> Read more trending news 

Brittany Aldean put her foot down in an Instagram post last week.

Sharing a photo of herself with her husband, she wrote: “Much needed vacay. Just a word of wisdom for all the parent shamers ... vacations are ok for new parents to take. Sometimes after being pregnant for almost a year, cooped up in a house for weeks at a time, you need a little sunshine and adult time. IT IS NOT OK to leave your ignorant comments. If you don’t agree with something, PLEASE ... do me a favor and unfollow me. You will NOT be missed. And for all the sweet, positive, happy people ... we love you and thank you!!"

>> See the post here

Read more here.

– The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

Nun involved in Katy Perry lawsuit collapses, dies in court

One of the nuns in a legal dispute with singer Katy Perry has died.

According to KTTV, Sister Catherine Rose Holzman collapsed and died during a court hearing Friday. She was 89.

>> Read more trending news 

Holzman was a member of the Sisters of the Most Holy and Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who sold their convent in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to restaurateur Dana Hollister for $15.5 million in 2015, NPR reported. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles "argued the nuns did not have the right to sell the property ... and it instead approved a sale to Perry" for $14.5 million, NPR reported. A judge ruled in favor of the archdiocese and Perry in 2016.

Before she died, Holzman and Sister Rita Callanan spoke out about the sale Friday in an interview with KTTV

"Katy Perry, please stop," Holzman said, according to KTTV. "It's not doing anyone any good except hurting a lot of people."

Read more here or here.

Memphis rapper, 7, knocks 'em dead at the Apollo

Meet Otis Morris Jr. This 7-year-old rapper from Memphis skyrocketed to stardom earlier this year after he appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”

>> Read more trending news

Thursday he starred in the hit Fox show “Showtime at the Apollo.”

Otis, who goes by the stage name Yung Hunnid, said, “That was a huge opportunity to be with Steve Harvey. I wasn't nervous, but I was freaking out, flipping out, freaking and flipping out.”

Yung Hunnid started rapping at the age of 2.

Now, this Memphis lyrical prodigy is setting his sights high, even though he's still in elementary school.

Yung Hunnid said, “God’s plan … God’s plan … I hold back, sometimes I won't, yeah.”

Otis said working with DeGeneres was cool, but working with Harvey was on another level of greatness.

He said that while he performed he thought, “I’m going to have a good performance, because I want everybody to clap.”

While Otis just started his career, he said one day after he conquers the rap world, a different career choice might be in the cards.

“I'll probably be a doctor when I’m big, but now while I’m small I’m going to be a superstar,” Otis said.

Tiger Woods' shot lands in woman's handbag

Tiger Woods has made millions of dollars playing golf, so why was he rummaging through a woman’s handbag during Friday’s second round of the Valspar Championship?

>> Read more trending news

Woods, who charged into contention with a 3-under-par 68, hit his second shot at the par-4 ninth hole -- his final hole of the day -- to the right of the green. It landed in the handbag of Marianne Cousins, a 57-year-old resident of Clearwater, Florida, who was attending her first golf tournament, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

“We knew when he hit it, and then of course I didn't see it,” said Cousins told the Times. "All day I've been saying 'I don't even see them. How do people even see the ball until it hits on the green? All of sudden my friends started screaming, "It's in your bag!”

Cousins carries a clear plastic bag, one she takes to Tampa Bay Buccaneers games, where she is a season-ticket holder, the Times reported.

People around Cousins told her not to move, and definitely warned her not to touch the errant golf ball that was nestled in her handbag.

“I just froze there,” Cousins told the Times. “When Tiger came up and said ‘where's the ball?’ I said, ‘In my bag. Between my feet. I didn't touch it.’

"And he said, ‘thank you.’”

By rule, Cousins’ bag was considered an obstruction, which allowed him to take a free drop. So Woods reached into Cousins’ bag and continued playing. He chipped to within six feet but missed his par putt for his only bogey of the round, the Times reported. 

Woods ended Friday in a five-way tie for second place, two strokes behind leader Corey Conners, ESPN reported.

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >