Now Playing
On Air
No Program
Now Playing


200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >

YARR! Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean reopens with new twist

Walt Disney World’s Pirates of the Caribbean reopened Monday at the Magic Kingdom park, with a new twist to a red-headed figure.

Guests might remember a key part of the ride where a red-headed woman was on the auction block.

>> Read more trending news 

Now, the pirate auctioneer oversees a sale of the townspeople’s most prized possessions and goods, and not the women. Some of the women have also been swapped out with men from the plundered town.

 The well-known red-headed figure has “switched sides” and has become a pirate named Redd, who pillages the town’s rum supply, according to the Disney Parks Blog.

 “Just as Walt Disney embraced and encouraged Disney Parks to ‘keep moving forward’ since the opening of Disneyland Park in 1955, Walt Disney Imagineering has introduced many new characters at Pirates of the Caribbean attraction over the years,” according to the Disney Parks Blog.

Dairy Queen giving away free vanilla cone Tuesday to celebrate spring 

After a rough winter, it’s time to celebrate the first day of spring with a treat.

>> Read more trending news

Dairy Queen’s website said various locations will be giving away free small vanilla ice cream cones Tuesday. The promotion is limited to one cone per person and will be honored at all non-mall locations, company officials said.

A list of participating locations can be found on Dairy Queen’s website.

The Austin bombings: A timeline of events in the case

Law enforcement authorities say a bomb that exploded early Tuesday morning at a FedEx processing center in Schertz, Texas could be the latest in a series of blasts that have happened in the Austin area during the past three weeks.

The device went off a little after midnight in the processing center some 60 miles from Austin. Authorities say that bomb was in a package marked for delivery to an Austin address, sent from an Austin address.

>> Read more trending news

The explosion comes on the heels of another attack that took place Sunday night in Austin. The blast, believed to be triggered by a tripwire, injured two men.

Here is a timeline of events since the first bombing happened earlier this month.

Friday, March 2

6:55 a.m. – Anthony Stephan House, 39, finds a package on his front porch as he is leaving his home at 1112 Haverford Dr. in the northwest part of Austin. The package, which was left overnight, explodes as House picks it up. He is taken to an area hospital where he later dies from his wounds. 

Monday, March 12

6:44 a.m. – Seventeen-year-old Draylen Mason brings a package left at his 4806 Oldfort Hill Drive home into the kitchen to open it. A bomb inside the box explodes, killing the teenager and wounding his mother. Mason was a gifted musician.

11:50 a.m. – Later that day, Esperanza Morena Herrera, 75, picks up a package outside her home at 6708 Galindo St. in southeast Austin. The bomb inside the package explodes, critically injuring Herrera.

2:30 p.m. – Texas Gov. Greg Abbott asks the public for help in finding information about the bombings. He announces a $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone involved in the attacks.

Tuesday, March 13

4 p.m. – The Austin Police Department ups the reward for information about the bombings by an additional $50,000.

<<Austin bombings Q&A: What are the distinctive traits of a serial bomber?

Saturday, March 17

2:53 a.m. – Austin police arrest Trevor Weldon Ingram, 26, was arrested on charges of making a terroristic threat in connection with a bomb threat that led to the cancellation of band The Roots’ show Saturday at the  South by Southwest festival.

Sunday, March 18

2 p.m. – The Austin police announce another reward increase, making the total $115,000.

8:30 p.m. – Two men in their 20s either riding or waking a bike in the 4800 block of Dawn Song Drive in southwest Austin trip a wire attached to an explosive device and are injured by the blast. The bomb is the first to use a tripwire to detonate the device.

<<Austin bombings: What we know about the bomber’s habits

Monday, March 19

1:30 a.m.Austin interim Police Chief Brian Manley, warns Austin residents not to pick up suspicious packages or other items, and to call 911 if they should come across one.

2:30 p.m.Gov. Abbott announces he is authorizing the use of $265,500 from an emergency fund to purchase portable X-ray machines that would be used to examine suspicious packages while minimizing the risks to law enforcement officers.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

12:30 a.m. – A bomb explodes at a Fed EX processing plant in Schertz, Texas, about 50 miles from Austin. One person was injured when the package detonated as it moved from an upper conveyer belt to a lower one. Authorities said the package was to be delivered to an Austin address and was sent from an Austin address.


Beyonce, Jay-Z’s On The Run II tour adds more dates

After numerous sell out shows, Beyonce and Jay-Z have added nine dates to their “On the Run II” stadium tour.

>> Read more trending news 

Variety reported that shows have been added in Amsterdam (June 20), Washington, D.C. (July 27), East Rutherford, New Jersey (Aug. 3), Chicago (Aug. 11), Columbus, Ohio (Aug. 16), Columbia, South Carolina (Aug. 21), Atlanta (Aug. 26) and Los Angeles (Sept. 23). 

Related: Beyonce, Jay-Z announce ‘On the Run 2’ tour

The tour will close with a new date in a new city -- Seattle on Oct. 4.  

Presales for additonal dates begin March 21 at 10 a.m. local time. 

The additional North American dates, as well as previously announced tour dates, are below. More information is at

July 25 - Cleveland, FirstEnergy Stadium

July 27 - Washington, D.C., FedEx Field

July 28 - Washington, D.C., FedEx Field 

July 30 - Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field 

Aug. 2 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, MetLife Stadium 

Aug. 3 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, MetLife Stadium 

Aug. 5 - Boston, Gillette Stadium 

Aug. 8 - Minneapolis, US Bank Stadium 

Aug. 10 - Chicago, Soldier Field 

Aug. 11 - Chicago, Soldier Field 

Aug. 13 - Detroit, Ford Field

Aug. 16 - Columbus, Ohio

Aug. 18 - Buffalo, New York, New Era Field 

Aug. 21 - Columbia, South Carolina

Aug. 23 - Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt Stadium 

Aug. 25 - Atlanta, Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Aug. 26 - Atlanta, Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Aug. 29 - Orlando, Florida, Camping World Stadium 

Aug. 31 - Miami, Hard Rock Stadium 

Sept. 11 - Arlington, Texas, AT&T Stadium

Sept. 13 - New Orleans Mercedes-Benz Superdome 

Sept. 15 - Houston, NRG Stadium 

Sept. 19 - Phoenix, Arizona, University of Phoenix Stadium 

Sept. 22 - Los Angeles, Rose Bowl

Sept. 26 - Los Angeles, Rose Bowl

Sept. 27 - San Diego, SDCCU Stadium 

Sept. 29 - Santa Clara, California, Levi’s Stadium 

Oct. 2 - Vancouver, BC Place

Check your PS3: If original model, Sony could owe you $65

Sony promised the original Playstation 3 was going to be more than a gaming system. It was going to be a computer. The company also permitted owners to install Linux or other operating systems on it, but Sony backtracked on the promise and removed the option of “OtherOS.” That move could net you up to $65, CNET reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Sony removed the “OtherOS” option due to security reasons, but owners were upset that they lost the functionality and filed a class action lawsuit against the electronics company. Sony agreed to pay $3.75 million to settle the class action suit, Polygon reported

The settlement is broken down with lawyers getting a third of it. The five original plaintiffs will get at most $3,500 each, while those who organized the settlement will get between $300,000 and $400,000. That leaves the remaining money for PS3 owners who submit claims, CNET reported

So how do you get to cash in?

First you must have bought an original “fat” PS3 between Nov. 1, 2006 and April 1, 2010, from an authorized retailer, Polygon reported.

You also need to provide the serial number or your PlayStation Network user name.

Finally, you have to legally swear you knew that you could install Linux on the system and/or lost value of your PS3 when Sony removed the option, CNET reported.

The deadline to submit claims is April 15, PC Mag reported

For complete details, as well as to file a claim, click here.

South Florida man accused of trying to lure child into car, deputies say

A 12-year-old child in South Florida ran home yelling “Stranger … Danger!” after a man allegedly tried to lure him into his car, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said.

>> Read more trending news

A Lantana-area man now faces multiple charges in the incident, which took place Saturday night.

Authorities said Domingo Domingo-Andres, 24, was driving near Palm Beach Memorial Park at about 9 p.m. Saturday when he allegedly pulled his silver Honda alongside the child and yelled for the child to get in. 

He was arrested Sunday on charges of kidnapping and enticing and luring a child. 

Domingo-Andres remained in custody early Tuesday after Judge Ted Booras on Monday set his bond amount at $150,000.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, the child began to walk away as Domingo-Andres continued his pursuit. A neighbor was able to get the vehicle’s tag number before Domingo-Andres could drive away. 

Deputies found the vehicle in front of Domingo-Andres’ home a few blocks away and questioned him about the alleged incident. 

He initially denied speaking to any children, saying he had only spoken to an older man who asked him for a ride to a store, the report said.

However, Domingo-Andrews later told deputies he had just gotten paid and wanted to treat the child either to food or candy.

Florida teen charged with murder after allegedly beating boy with baseball bat, deputies say

A Florida teenager allegedly beat a 15-year-old boy to death with a baseball bat Monday afternoon, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

>> Read more trending news

During a news conference, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Dillen Murray, 16, was angry and jealous that the victim had relations with a girl he liked.

Deputies said they were called at about 2:45 p.m. to a wooded area near Lake Wales.

Investigators said Murray asked Giovanni Diaz to play with him in the woods, where he beat the boy.

"A witness who was in the area saw Dillen walking out of the woods, and Dillen told the witness that he just hit his friend with a baseball bat," a Sheriff's Office spokesman said. "The witness ran into the woods and found Giovanni."

Investigators said the two live in the same neighborhood.

"This child was brutally murdered by a 16-year-old with a baseball bat," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in an emailed statement. "There is no reasonable excuse for this. Zero. None. It should never have happened."

Murray was booked into the Juvenile Assessment Center on charges of first-degree murder, possession of marijuana less than 20 grams and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Investigators said Murray was previously charged with two counts of battery against Diaz in March 2016, and one count of domestic battery against his father, Paul Murray, in March 2017.

The death remains under investigation.

Storms, possible tornado ravage parts of metro Atlanta

A powerful storm system swept through north Georgia overnight, sending trees into roads, damaging homes and businesses, knocking out power to thousands and leaving south Fulton County a disaster zone.

>> Watch the news report here

>> PHOTOS: Storms blow through the South, leave damage in wake

More than 130 severe weather reports of large hail, damaging wind and possible tornadoes came in Monday, according to WSB-TV in Atlanta.

>> Tornado facts and safety: Everything you need to know

“The severe thunderstorm and tornado threat is over in north Georgia,” WSB-TV meteorologist Brian Monahan said. “But the cleanup is about to get underway.”

In Cobb County, a tree crashed into a home on Glenroy Place. Lightning hit a home in Gwinnett County. And in Clayton County, a fire damaged an eight-unit apartment in the 7200 block of Tara Boulevard.

>> These are the safest places in your home during a tornado

Food, shelter and other essentials were provided for 17 people affected by the fire, American Red Cross of Georgia spokeswoman Sherry Nicholson said.

But the most severe damage was reported in south Fulton and Haralson counties.

>> What's the difference between tornado watch and warning?

Storms ravaged homes and cars in a subdivision off Campbellton Fairburn Road.

“We expect a busy day ahead as daylight approaches, increasing visibility in hard-hit areas,” Nicholson said. “Currently, a team is on the ground in Fairburn, where homes in the Jumpers Trail neighborhood suffered significant damage.”

>> For complete coverage of the storms’ aftermath, head to and

The Haralson County School District canceled school and activities Tuesday “due to storm damage throughout our community that may make bus service impossible,” the district said on Facebook.

Georgia Power reported 273 outages affecting 10,025 customers.

“The electric membership cooperatives were hit hard as severe weather, and possible tornadoes, pounded many parts of Georgia last night, interrupting power to 13,000 customers, primarily in the west part of the state,” Georgia EMC spokeswoman Terri Statham said.

>> Read more trending news 

Ontario Alvarez was at his mother’s home in the 7100 block of Jumpers Trail with his 13-year-old brother when the storm moved in late Monday.

To protect the family, he dragged a mattress in a bathroom, where everyone hid to avoid the storm’s path.

“We’re from Florida, so we’re used to hurricanes,” Alvarez said. “But this was different. We didn’t see it coming. We didn’t know what to do.”

Mom accused of putting toddler sons in oven enters not guilty plea

A Georgia woman accused of killing her two young sons and putting them in an oven entered a not guilty plea during her arraignment Monday. 

>> Watch the news report here

Lamora Williams was silent while prosecutors read the 14 charges against her. Prosecutors believe she may have burned 2-year-old Ke’Younte Penn and 1-year-old Ja’Karter Williams to make it difficult to determine how she killed them. The boys were found dead in October inside their southwest Atlanta apartment. 

>> 911 call: Mom accused in sons' oven deaths says, 'I don't want to get locked up'

Family members previously said Williams, a single mother of four, suffered from mental health disorders. Williams initially claimed she had left her children with a caregiver. 

In February, a Fulton County grand jury indicted Williams on charges that included murder, aggravated assault and concealing a death. Through her attorney, she pleaded “not guilty” to four of those charges Monday. The remainder of the charges will be addressed at her next hearing, scheduled for March 30. 

>> Read more trending news 

Williams remained late Monday in the Fulton jail, where she has been held without bond since her arrest. 

200 items
Results 41 - 50 of 200 < previous next >