Calumet Ft. Lauderdale
1001 N. Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
1:00 p.m. Saturday, June 1, 2013
Galleries | Art,
Entering the world of stock photography can be an extremely rewarding and gratifying experience, however, in order to succeed, it requires a solid understanding of the stock photo market and how stock agencies operate. This class will provide you with a solid foundation of this unique photo opportunity that has amazing potential.
Topics covered this seminar include:
• What is stock photography
• What you need to get started making money with your images
• What do the stock agencies require from the photographer
• What equipment do you need to get started ( cameras, lenses, etc. )
• Profiling your monitor, camera and scanner
• Color management and imaging workflow
• The importance of copyright and how to register with the copyright office in Washington D.C.
• The importance of model and property releases
• See portfolios of stock images and understand why they were successful
Instructor Joe Drivas will show examples of his work, discuss how they were created and why they were successful.
The class will conclude with a Q & A session
Drivas will also be giving away a 13x19" signed print of the Space Shuttle Atlantis's final mission to two lucky winners that attend the event. The images are printed using archival inks and paper.
Joe Drivas is a commercial photographer, digital
consultant, and educator, residing in Central Florida.
He has been shooting commercially for the past 35 years,
and working digitally since 1992. His work is represented and licensed worldwide through the Getty Images various collections: Photographer's Choice,
Iconica, Stone and The Image Bank. His work has been published worldwide, in numerous magazines including: Digital Imaging, Shutterbug, Petersen’s Photographic, The Commercial Image, Photographic Processing, Nikon World and Studio Photography.
Joe currently shoots, lifestyles, portraits, technology, visual effects,
model portfolio development, as well as consulting with various
companies, fellow artists and friends wishing to venture into the
digital world. To learn more visit http://www.joedrivas.com/