Now Playing
99JAMZ

entertainment

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >

Kim Porter, former model, ex-girlfriend of Diddy, dead at 47

Former model Kim Porter has died, according to TMZ.

The tabloid site reported that the actress who dated  music mogul Diddy for 13 years was found dead in her Los Angeles home.

>> Read more trending news 

A representative for Diddy confirmed the news to TMZ, saying, “Sadly, I can confirm the passing of Kim Porter. I ask that you give the families privacy at this time.”

The cause of death is unclear.

Porter dated Diddy off-and-on from 1994 to 2007, when they called things off for good, remaining on friendly terms. In that time, Porter gave birth to their son Christian, 20, and 11-year-old twin girls D'Lila Star and Jessie James. Porter was also mother to Quincy, 27, from her relationship with singer Al B. Sure.

Celebrities have reacted to the news on Twitter:

Golden Globes group gives $300,000 to wildfire victims

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is giving $300,000 to help the victims of California's deadly wildfires.

The organization best known for creating and organizing the Golden Globe Awards on Thursday announced the donation to four organizations that also include money for victims and families of last week's mass shooting in Southern California.

The funds will go to the victims of the fires in Northern and Southern California. The fires started last week and together have killed at least 59 people, destroyed thousands of homes and prompted the evacuation of hundreds of thousands.

The association formed in 1943 and started the Golden Globes a year later.

It frequently hands out grants, usually to organizations related to the entertainment industry.

Diddy's former girlfriend and mother to 3 children dies

Kim Porter, Diddy's former longtime girlfriend and the mother of three of his children, has died.

A representative for Sean "Diddy" Combs confirmed the death of the 47-year-old on Thursday. No further details were immediately available.

Diddy and Porter, a former model, were a couple on-and-off from 1994 until they split for good in 2007.

Their children are a 20-year-old son and 11-year-old twin daughters. Combs also has three other children with other women.

Porter also has a 27-year-old son, Quincy Brown, from a previous relationship with singer Al B. Sure. Quincy Brown appears on the Fox series "Star."

___

This story has been corrected to show Porter's death was confirmed Thursday.

Man shouts 'Heil Hitler' during 'Fiddler on the Roof' show

A man laced the atmosphere of a Baltimore theater with menace when he began shouting "Heil Hitler! Heil Trump!" during intermission of a classic play set in a Jewish village in czarist Russia. The patron's pro-Nazi and pro-Trump outburst during a Wednesday night production of "Fiddler on the Roof" sent panicked people running for the exits.

Rich Scherr, a technology and financial journalist who was one of over 1,000 people attending the Wednesday night performance at Baltimore's Hippodrome Theatre, said a man seated in the balcony was behind the commotion. He described stunned audience members initially freezing in confusion and fear when the man began shouting minutes into the intermission.

"Everything just got really, really quiet. And then I heard this guy screaming: "Heil Hitler! Heil Trump!" he said in a Thursday phone interview. Other patrons told him they also heard the man yell about "MAGA," President Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan.

A few dozen people started running for the exits, according to Scherr, while others began calling out for security. Scherr said he braced for the possibility of gun violence in the packed theater. "You don't want to think the worst, but I was preparing to react in case of gunfire," he said.

The theater scare comes a few weeks after a gunman fatally shot 11 people inside a Pittsburgh synagogue. The suspect in that shooting, Robert Bowers, 46, expressed hatred of Jews during the rampage and later told police that "all these Jews need to die," authorities said. It also comes days after the FBI released a report showing a 17 percent spike in U.S. hate crimes in 2017 —with a 37 percent increase in anti-Semitic hate crimes.

In a tweet, Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive officer of the Anti-Defamation League, responded to a Baltimore Sun article about the Wednesday night incident, describing it as "yet another sign that these are not normal times."

After several minutes, the offending theatergoer was escorted out of the Baltimore theater by security and the show continued without incident after the intermission ended. The Baltimore police said officers did respond to the Hippodrome at 9:40 p.m. Wednesday, but no arrest was made and the man was allowed to leave on his own.

"Though reprehensible, the man's words are considered protected free speech because he did not directly threaten anyone," said Matt Jablow, a spokesman for the Baltimore Police Department.

The Hippodrome Theatre said behavior "like we saw during intermission" at Wednesday evening's performance would not be tolerated. They said their security coordinated efforts with city police who met the man as he was escorted out of the building.

"Our venue has a proud tradition of providing shared experiences to people from all walks of life, right in the heart of this wonderfully diverse city, and we intend to continue that tradition in the spirit of bringing people together, not dividing them," the Hippodrome's Thursday statement said.

"Fiddler on the Roof" is a bittersweet musical revolving around a poor Orthodox Jewish milkman, his rebellious daughters and other community members of a village in czarist Russia, and their faith that is tested by progress and repression. Set in 1905, it's based on stories originally written in Yiddish by Sholom Aleichem.

The original Broadway production in 1964 starred Zero Mostel and had an almost eight-year run, offering the world such enduring songs as "Sunrise, Sunset," ''If I Were a Rich Man" and "Matchmaker, Matchmaker." It's long been a staple for schools and community theater groups.

___

Follow McFadden on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dmcfadd

___

Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com

Amy Schumer cancels Dallas show, hospitalized for nausea

Amy Schumer says she's been hospitalized for severe, second-trimester nausea and apologized to fans in Dallas for canceling a stand-up show.

She said Thursday on Instagram she and the baby are fine. The post accompanied a photo of herself in a hospital bed. The "Trainwreck" and "I Feel Pretty" star said she's been suffering from a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum, which can cause severe morning sickness.

Schumer said she's been more ill during her second trimester than her first. She thanked the doctors and nurses caring for her and promised to reschedule Thursday's show at Winspear Opera House.

She and her husband, Chris Fischer, announced in late October they were expecting their first child together.

Rapper Young Dolph returning to Memphis to hand out Thanksgiving turkeys

A rapper is giving back to the city that he says made him who he is today. 

Young Dolph will make a guest appearance for teens and young adults from Memphis Athletic Ministries on Thursday, Nov. 15 at 4:30 p.m.

>> Read more trending news 

Students from all five ministry locations will be bused to a Memphis community center to hear a message delivered by Young Dolph. This event is not open to the public. 

Afterward, Young Dolph will be making sure several Memphis families have a turkey on their table for Thanksgiving Day. 

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

According to a news release, Young Dolph will be donating Thanksgiving turkeys to the community.

Butterball turkeys will be given to the residents of Castalia Heights and the surrounding neighborhoods at the MAM-Hamilton Community Center from 5:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m. 

The release doesn't detail how many turkeys will be given away. In past years he has donated them by the hundreds. In 2016, 300 turkeys were given away. In 2015, Dolph bought 200 extra turkeys when demand was so high that they ran out of the first round of items.

J Balvin has everything to gain at this year's Latin Grammys

J Balvin has everything to gain at this year's Latin Grammy Awards .

The Colombian reggaeton star leads all nominees ahead of Thursday's ceremony with eight nods, including two for record of the year, one for album of the year and another for his hit version of "Mi gente" with Willy William and featuring Beyonce.

Balvin has two nominations for record of the year, for "Mi Gente" with William and "X'' with Nicky Jam, and an album of the year nod for "Vibras," a production he decided to do entirely in Spanish after having previously worked with American stars including Cardi B and Liam Payne. His nomination with Beyonce is for best urban fusion/performance. He will also compete for best urban music album for "Vibras."

Spanish sensation Rosalia follows with five nominations. Her flamenco and trap hit "Malamente" is up for record and song of the year, as well as best urban fusion/performance, best alternative song and best short form music video.

Both will be among the many performers of the night, which also include Marc Anthony, Bad Bunny, Jorge Drexler, Karol G, Mon Laferte, Natalia Lafourcade, Will Smith, Anitta, Nicky Jam, Steve Aoki and Mexican rock band Mana, honored Wednesday as the Latin Recording Academy's Person of the Year.

For album of the year, Balvin will compete with an eclectic group of established and rising artists that includes Pablo Alboran ("Prometo"), Chico Buarque ("Caravanas"), Jorge Drexler ("Salvavidas de hielo"), El David Aguilar ("Siguiente"), Kany García ("Soy yo"), Natalia Lafourcade ("Musas, un homenaje al folclore latinoamericano en nanos de Los Macorinos, Vol. 2"), Luis Miguel ("¡México por siempre!"), Monsieur Perine ("Encanto tropical") and Rozalen ("Cuando el rio suena...").

"It's so flattering, and it's so surprising," Drexler told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "It's a very experimental record. All the percussions of the record were made using only one instrument — the guitar — and we focused in extracting all the different kinds of sounds from one instrument only... It was a hard task and I was surprised that it had such a warm welcoming by the academy."

Those with four nominations include singer-songwriters Kany Garcia and Natalia Lafourcade, while Pablo Alboran and Nicky Jam, among others, got three each.

Ten newcomers are competing for the coveted Latin Grammy for best new artist. They are Angela Aguilar, Anaadi, El David Aguilar, Alex Ferreira, Karol G, Los Petitfellas, Nana Mendoza, Christian Nodal, Claudia Prieto and Benjamin Walker.

The 19th Latin Grammys will be aired live starting at 8 p.m. EST on Univision from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

___

Ratner-Arias reported from New York.

___

Follow Regina Garcia Cano on Twitter at https://twitter.com/reginagarciakNO and Sigal Ratner-Arias at https://twitter.com/sigalratner .

___

Online: https://www.latingrammy.com/en

J Balvin has everything to gain at this year's Latin Grammys

J Balvin has everything to gain at this year's Latin Grammy Awards.

The Colombian reggaeton star leads all nominees ahead of Thursday's ceremony with eight nods, including two for record of the year, one for album of the year and another for his hit version of "Mi Gente" with Willy William and featuring Beyonce.

Spanish sensation Rosalia is next with five nominations. Her flamenco and trap hit "Malamente" is up for record and song of the year, as well as best urban fusion/performance, best alternative song and best short form music video.

The 19th Latin Grammys will air live at 8 p.m. ET on Univision from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Latest: Judge delays ruling over White House press pass

The Latest on the legal challenge to the White House's decision to strip CNN reporter Jim Acosta of his White House press credentials (all times local):

1:15 p.m.

A federal judge has delayed until Friday a ruling on whether the Trump administration has to return the White House press credentials of CNN reporter Jim Acosta.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly isn't offering any explanation for delaying a ruling that had been expected Thursday afternoon. He's set a court date for 10 a.m. Friday.

Kelly is a Trump appointee who heard arguments Wednesday from lawyers representing CNN and the Justice Department.

The news network is seeking an immediate restraining order that would force the White House to hand back Acosta's credentials, which grant reporters as-needed access to the 18-acre complex.

Acosta has clashed repeatedly with Trump and press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders in briefings over the last two years. The White House revoked the pass following a combative press conference last week, a day after Republicans lost control of the House in midterm elections.

___

12:20 a.m.

The Justice Department is defending the White House's decision to strip CNN reporter Jim Acosta of his press pass. The department is arguing that Acosta is guilty of "inappropriate grandstanding."

The White House took the action after a heated confrontation between Acosta and President Donald Trump during a news conference last week.

In a court hearing Wednesday, Justice Department lawyer James Burnham argued that Acosta deserved to lose his access over "his refusal to comply with the general standards of a press conference."

CNN is seeking a restraining order that would force the White House to return Acosta's press credentials. The network's lawyer, Theodore Boutrous, said Acosta is being singled out for his body of work, not his alleged rudeness.

Breckenridge, Colorado, removing divisive giant wooden troll

The town of Breckenridge in central Colorado is removing an art piece of a troll that has become a tourist attraction but also rankled nearby residents.

The Summit Daily News reports that town employees started removing the 15-foot (4.5-meter) wood troll in the ski resort town Thursday.

The Town Council cited public safety concerns in its Tuesday decision to get rid of the artwork that Danish artist Thomas Dambo was built for a summer arts festival that ended in August.

The original plan was to leave the troll in place as long it could withstand the elements and wasn't vandalized.

However, throngs of troll-seekers have caused numerous problems for some of nearby homeowners, who have complained about illegal parking, littering and a loss of privacy, among other issues.

___

Information from: Summit Daily News, http://www.summitdaily.com/

200 items
Results 1 - 10 of 200 next >
 

Amazon Alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!