Now Playing
99JAMZ
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
99JAMZ

celebrity news

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

Chrissy Teigen, John Legend donate to ACLU for Trump’s birthday

Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend are celebrating President Donald Trump’s 72nd birthday by supporting the American Civil Liberties Union.

>> Read more trending news 

Teigen shared a message on her Twitter page on Thursday, stating that every member of her family donated $72,000 to the ACLU.

>>Read: Donald Trump turns 72: Messages of well-wishes and a look at past birthdays

In the note signed “With love, Chrissy, John, Luna and Miles,” Teigen wrote:

“John and I are outraged to see and hear the horror stories of immigrant families seeking asylum and refuge in America being ripped apart due to the inhumane policies of the Trump administration. These actions are cruel, anti-family and go against everything we believe this country should represent. The ACLU is committed to defending the rights and humanity of these vulnerable families.”

Teigen noted that the ACLU also supports reproductive rights, criminal justice reform and First Amendment rights.

Meghan Markle, Queen Elizabeth make first joint appearance without Prince Harry

The Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle, and Britain's Queen Elizabeth II teamed up Thursday for their first joint engagement without Markle's husband, Prince Harry.

>> PHOTOS: Meghan Markle stuns at first solo appearance with Queen Elizabeth

According to The Associated Press, the two visited northwest England to see children perform in Widnes and commemorate the opening of the Mersey Gateway Bridge in Cheshire.

>> PHOTOS: Newlyweds Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend Prince Charles' 70th birthday celebration

Markle, who wed Prince Harry on May 19, stunned in a Givenchy dress Thursday, the AP reported.

>> Read more trending news 

The royals' official Twitter accounts shared photos from the trip. Check them out below:

Read more here.

Photos: Meghan Markle stuns at first solo appearance with Queen Elizabeth

The Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle, made her first joint appearance with Queen Elizabeth II on an official royal visit to northwest England.

Sylvester Stallone sexual assault case under review by prosecutors

Prosecutors in Los Angeles County, California, are looking into a sexual assault allegation against actor Sylvester Stallone, multiple news outlets are reporting.

>> Harvey Weinstein faces new rape accusation in class-action lawsuit

According to the Los Angeles Times, the county District Attorney's Office is trying to determine whether to charge the "Rocky" star after the allegation was reported to Santa Monica police late last year. The accuser said the incident happened in the '90s, police said.

Reuters reported that the state "has a complex statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions of sexual abuse, but offenses must generally be prosecuted within 10 years."

Martin Singer, Stallone's attorney, said the actor "categorically denies the allegations," according to CNN.

>> Read more trending news 

"It is a false claim," Singer told the Times. "It is a complete fabrication."

He added that the accuser previously had a consensual relationship with Stallone, who is now 71, CNN reported.

Read more here.

Kim Kardashian, Alice Johnson meet for first time since Johnson was freed from prison

Reality TV star Kim Kardashian arrived in Memphis, Tennessee, Wednesday for a face-to-face meeting with Alice Johnson, the first meeting between the two since Johnson was freed from an Alabama prison last week.

>> Read more trending news 

Kardashian was instrumental in Johnson’s release, meeting with President Donald Trump late last month to plead Johnson’s case just days before Trump commuted her sentence.

Kardashian went to a home in the Southaven neighborhood where she was spotted hugging Johnson as she walked into the residence.

>> Related: Reality TV star Kim Kardashian West meets with Trump over prison reform

Johnson, 63, was serving a life sentence after her conviction in 1996 on cocaine conspiracy and possession charges, even though she was a first time offender at the time of her arrest.

Trump commuted Johnson’s sentence last week, and Kardashian got to tell Johnson she was about to be released from prison after two decades behind bars. 

"Ms. Johnson has accepted responsibility for her past behavior and has been a model prisoner over the past two decades," according to a White House statement on Johnson’s release."Despite receiving a life sentence, Alice worked hard to rehabilitate herself in prison, and act as a mentor to her fellow inmates."

>> Related: Trump commutes Alice Johnson's sentence after meeting with Kim Kardashian West

>> Related: Alice Marie Johnson reunited with family after sentence commuted by Trump

“I’m just so thankful,” Johnson told reporters who had gathered last Wednesday outside the Federal Correctional Institution Aliceville in Alabama. “This is a miracle day.”

Kardashian said she took an interest in Johnson’s case after seeing her story on social media.

Judge to Angelina Jolie: Give Brad Pitt more access to kids or risk losing custody

A judge has warned Angelina Jolie that she might lose custody of the children she has with fellow actor Brad Pitt if she doesn’t give her former husband more access to the kids, according to multiple reports.

>> Read more trending news

Jolie and Pitt have six children together -- three adopted and three biological -- between the ages of 9 and 16 years old.

In court documents filed in California last week and first obtained Tuesday by entertainment new site The Blast, a judge wrote that “not having a relationship with their father is harmful to (the kids).”

"If the minor children remain closed down to their father and depending on the circumstances surrounding this condition, it may result in a reduction of the time they spend with (Jolie) and may result in the Court ordering primary physical custody to (Pitt)," the judge said in court records obtained by CNN.

>> Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt

In the order, Jolie was required to give Pitt “unrestricted phone access to the children,” CNN reported. The order also outlined a shared custody schedule for the summer that would have the kids splitting time between Los Angeles and London, according to the news network.

A representative for Jolie called the documents “misleading” and said the release of the information was “deplorable” in a statement to ABC News.

"From the start, Angelina has been focused on their health and needs, which is why it was so important that this last court hearing be conducted privately," the statement said. "It’s deplorable that someone for their own selfish reasons leaked selective portions of the confidential and sealed court record to create an inaccurate and unfair picture of what is really happening."

Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in 2016, two years after they were married. In divorce papers filed in Los Angeles, Jolie cited “irreconcilable difference” as the reason for their split, The Associated Press reported.

Robert Offer, an attorney for Jolie, told the AP at the time that the “Tomb Raider” star’s decision to divorce Pitt was made “for the health of the family.”

Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charges in Virginia

Rose McGowan has been indicted on one felony count of cocaine possession by a grand jury in Virginia.

>> Read more trending news 

According to police, cocaine was found in a wallet that McGowan left behind on a plane last year on a United flight arriving at the Washington Dulles International Airport in January 2017 on her way to the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., according to The New Yorker.

A felony warrant was issued for her arrest. 

The 44-year-old activist and actress surrendered to police in Loudoun County, Virginia on Monday. 

She has pleaded not guilty and was released on $5,000 bond. 

McGowan said the cocaine wasn’t hers and suggested in court papers that the drugs were planted on her on behalf of former movie producer Harvey Weinstein, according to The Associated Press

McGowan was among the first to accuse Weinstein of sexual assault and has been a vocal advocate of the #metoo movement.

>>Read: Who is Anthony Bourdain’s girlfriend, Asia Argento?

Weinstein attorney Ben Brafman called the allegation “ludicrous” and said that police have “categorically rejected” the claim, TMZ reports

McGowan’s attorney, Jose Baez, told People Magazine: “Rose steadfastly maintains her innocence. These charges would have never been brought if it weren’t for her activism as a voice for women everywhere.”

“I assure you,” he continued, “this selective prosecution will be met with a strong defense.”

If found guilty, McGowan could face up to a year behind bars. 

Slash offers to give estranged wife $6.6M, cars, spousal support to end marriage

Slash, the legendary guitarist of Guns & Roses, has agreed to pay his estranged wife, Perla Ferrar, over $6.6 million to end their marriage, according to Page Six.

>> Read more trending news 

“Perla has been slow responding, or has deliberately drawn out responding, throughout this matter,” he said in court documents. “I want to move on with my life.”

The rocker, born Saul Hudson, agreed to pay Ferrar a lump sum of $6,627,352, plus $100,000 a month in spousal support until she dies or remarries, according to The Daily Mail

In exchange, Slash would keep his interest in his guitars, instruments, companies and residual income. 

Ferrar would get to keep the couple’s cars: a 2014 Range Rover, 2015 Mercedes AMG and 2015 Mercedes GL 450.

Slash, 52, and Ferrar, 43, have two sons: London, 15, and Cash, 13.

The guitarist offered to give Ferrar primary physical custody, but asked to keep joint legal custody.

He also agreed to pay $39,000 per month in child support. 

The children will also collect 1.8 percent of Slash’s income until the year 2036.

Slash and Ferrar have been married since 2001. Slash filed for divorce in 2014.

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman cries in interview about North Korea summit

Wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat and clunky black sunglasses, NBA Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman got emotional Tuesday in interview on CNN as President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un met in Singapore.

>> Read more trending news

“I’m so happy,” he said as the two leaders met for historic talks Tuesday. "I'm so happy just to be here, man, and see everyone in the world get emotional like I did. Donald Trump should take a lot of credit because he went out of the box and made this happen."

Rodman is one of the few people known to have met both Kim and Trump. He appeared on Trump’s reality competition show “The Celebrity Apprentice” in 2009 and befriended Kim after visiting North Korea in 2013.

"We have really put ourselves on the line to reach out to North Korea and they have been so gracious to me, my family and the United States,” Rodman said Tuesday. “If Trump can pull this off, more power to him.”

>> North Korea summit: Trump, Kim Jong Un sign agreement on denuclearization

Rodman became particularly emotional while discussing the reactions he got to his first visit to North Korea. He told CNN’s Chris Cuomo that he attempted to open a dialogue between Kim and then-President Barack Obama, but that “Obama didn’t even give me the time of day.”

“I got so many death threats,” he said. “But I kept my head high, brother. I knew things were going to change. I was the only one.”

Rodman traveled to Singapore ahead of Tuesday’s summit, though Trump said last week that he had not been invited in an official capacity, according to The Hill.

>> North Korea summit: Watch the dramatic video that Trump played for Kim Jong Un

Trump and Kim committed to working toward the “complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula” after Tuesday’s meetings, which marked the first between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. 

The president hailed the meeting as a success, although critics worried that his decision to meet with Kim provided the autocrat with legitimacy. Kim has been accused of ordering the assassination of his half brother, executing his uncle and presiding over a gulag estimated to hold 80,000 to 120,000 political prisoners, according to The Associated Press.

>> Photos: Trump, Kim Jong Un meet for historic US-North Korea summit

Critics also questioned the president’s decision to end the United States’ “war games,” or joint military exercises, with South Korea as negotiations with North Korea continue. It was not immediately clear whether South Korean officials were aware of Trump’s decision before Tuesday’s announcement.

Herpes claims against Usher heading to trial in Los Angeles, judge rules

A California judge has ruled that all herpes claims against R&B singer Usher (real name Usher Raymond IV) will be tried in Los Angeles Superior Court, where it is illegal to knowingly or recklessly transmit a sexually transmitted disease.

>> Read more trending news 

The artist is accused of not disclosing his herpes diagnosis to three sexual partners.

One of the women, identified as Jane Doe, listed multiple counts of negligence, fraud and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress in the lawsuit. She also accused Usher of forcing her to have unprotected oral sex without her consent and is seeking unspecified punitive damages. 

Jane Doe’s residence was blacked out in the court papers of both parties, according to NBC San Diego.

>> Related: Georgia woman files suit against Usher for giving her herpes

On Friday, Judge Michelle Williams Court denied a defense motion to force one of the plaintiffs to bring Jane Doe’s case to another state. 

Usher’s lawyers argued that the woman was accusing Usher of events that occurred outside of California. But Jane Doe’s lawyer, Jivaka Candappa, said it’s impractical to have two plaintiffs tried in California and a third in another state.

>> Related: Woman in Usher lawsuit over alleged herpes diagnosis comes forward: ‘He never warned me’

Candappa said all the witnesses were willing to come to California.

Two others, a man identified only as John Doe and a woman named Quantasia Sharpton sued 39-year-old Usher in August 2017 for failing to disclose that he has genital herpes before having sex with them.

>> Related: Usher allegedly paid woman $1 million after giving her herpes: reports

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every six people aged 14 to 49 has genital herpes.

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >