WEST ALLIS, Wis. — Authorities in Wisconsin released dramatic body camera video of police and firefighters bursting into a house that was on fire to rescue a 3-year-old boy.
In a Facebook post, the West Allis Police Department released camera footage of the fire, which occurred early Sunday.
First responders were able to rescue 3-year-old M.J. Sancinati-Struck, who was in a back bedroom as the fire raged, WDJT-TV reported.
The boy’s mother, Noelle Guy, and his grandmother, Kim Guy, both are suffering from second and third-degree burns, WISN-TV reported.
Sancinati-Struck is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning but suffered no other injuries, WDJT reported.
Noelle Guy watched the video for the first time on Tuesday, WISN reported.
“I saw it. I cried,” she told the television station. “I bawled my eyes out.”
Noelle Guy said that when the fire broke out she moved her mother, who was suffering from COVID-19 and pneumonia, out of the house first, WISN reported.
“I felt bad for not getting him out, but in the end, it was good because he has no burns,” she told the television station.
Kim Guy is currently in an induced coma, suffering from second- and third-degree burns.
“She has COVID-19 positive and pneumonia,” Noelle Guy told WDJT. “I just want her to get better.”
Meanwhile, Noelle Guy said she was indebted to the West Allis authorities for saving her son.
“I would rather thank them in person than giving them a card or sending them a card, to thank them,” she told WISN. “I would rather give them a big hug for saving my son.”
A GoFundMe page was set up by Noelle Guy’s brother, Andrew Kreblin, to help defray hospital expenses.
©2022 Cox Media Group